- Alex Jones railed against Robert Mueller, calling him a child rapist who enabled and abetted other pedophiles and vowed to “take him down” on his Facebook page.
- Mark Zuckerberg said Holocaust deniers won’t be banned from Facebook.
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, a professor of media studies at the University of Virginia said, “I’ve seen no indication that Facebook has changed its commitment to watch everything we do, record everything we do and exploit everything we do.”
- Facebook gives device makers deep access to data on users and friends.
- Facebook has data-sharing partnerships with at least four Chinese electronics companies, including a manufacturing giant that has a close relationship with China’s government.
Facebook continues to spit in the eyes of its users and why not? People are addicted to Facebook that they don’t seem to care of Facebook monetizes their private information and this is one brand that users won’t abandon despite their lying.
Facebook is way too powerful to be run by a jerk like Mark Zuckerberg . While Zuckerberg has shown himself to be capable of creating a financial juggernaut, he is simultaneously showing himself to be utterly inadequate to handle the responsibilities of managing an organization with the power and influence of Facebook. Or even understanding what the responsibilities are.
Then there is Ms Sandberg, who flies around the country telling students what they should do while all but abandoning her responsibilities to be “the adult in the room “. Even her conference room avoids reality with “only good news” painted on the wall.
While most of us thought Trump was a disaster as an elected official Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, shortly after then-President-elect Donald Trump defeated Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, called Trump to congratulate him on running a successful campaign, which involved spending more than US$44mil (RM179mil) on Facebook and ceaselessly refining its advertisements on the platform to sway voters, according to a report from BuzzFeed News.
What Facebook is essentially telling users is that “you are on your own when you read news on Facebook”. They refuse to acknowledge their responsibility, as a media company, to ban hate filled pages and blatantly false stories yet God forbid someone posts a picture of a naked person.
Facebook is sharing everything they know about you and it’s a lot. Congress can’t stop them because our politicians don’t understand the Internet and users just can’t quit the addiction. Brands that use Facebook will be remembered as companies that gave “big brother” access to our online activities.
Originally published at www.newmediaandmarketing.com on July 24, 2018.